Another reevaluation of the French Minimum Wage (SMIC) in May 2022
On May 1, 2022, due to inflation, the minimum wage (SMIC) is going to be reevaluated from 1603,12 euros to 1645,58 euros (increase of 2,65%).
This year’s increase, about 5,9%, is a result of the strong rise in the consumer price reference index for the most economically disadvantaged households.
The new gross salary for a full-time employee
- Gross hourly “SMIC”: increase from 10,57 to 10,85€ (+0,28€)
- Gross monthly “SMIC”: increase from 1603,12€ to 1645,58€ (+42,46€)
- Gross annual “SMIC”: increase from 19 237,44€ to 19 746,96€ (+509,52€)
IMPORTANT: This increase impacts the minimum salaries required to obtain a talent passport.
New minimum amounts to obtain certain immigration statuses from May 2022 onwards
Talent passport :
- Qualified employee (2 times the annual SMIC: 39.493,92€ gross per year
- Employee on mission (1.8 times the annual SMIC): 35.544,53€ gross per year
Other status :
- Employee (1.5 times the annual SMIC): 29.620, 44€ gross per year.
The minimum salary for the “European Blue Card” (EBC) status is not based on the SMIC but on the average annual reference salary which remains unchanged.
Any plans? We support you throughout to facilitate the mobility of your employees to France or to any other country: contact us!