Covid-19: the list of green, amber, and red countries has been updated
On June 4th, the French government published the classification of countries based on health indicators. This list introduces the countries classified by color: green, amber, or red. The government also announced that it is subject to change according to the sanitary situation. An update was published this Thursday.
United States and Canada
The United States and Canada are now considered as “green” countries: travelers from these countries are now allowed to enter France without compelling reasons and quarantine.
To enter France, they must have:
- Either a proof of vaccination;
- Or a PCR test or a negative antigenic test less than 72 hours before departure.
However, on the contrary, the United States and Canada have closed their borders to travelers from Europe. Thus, for the time being, they cannot travel to the U.S. and Canada, although the matter is under discussion on U.S. side.
Turkey, which was on the “red” list, has now joined the “amber” list.
Upon arrival in France, if travelers from this country are vaccinated, they do not need to have a compelling reason, to be tested upon arrival, nor to self-insulate for 7 days.
However, if they are not vaccinated, they are subject to various restrictions:
- Having a compelling reason (note that they are different depending on the color of the list so it is important to check on the certificates of the appropriate color list);
- Showing a negative PCR (<72h) or antigenic (<48h) test before departure;
- Self-isolation for 7 days.
Afghanistan, Maldives, and Paraguay
Afghanistan, Maldives, and Paraguay are now on the “red” list.
Even if travelers from these countries are vaccinated, they must still:
- Have a compelling reason (note that they are different depending on the color of the list so it is important to check on the certificates of the appropriate color list);
- Show a negative PCR or antigenic test less than 72 hours prior to departure;
- Accept an antigenic test upon arrival;
- Self-isolate for 7 days.
If travelers are not vaccinated, they must follow the same restrictions as above, but their quarantine will last 10 days and will be monitored by security forces.
Please note that travel to these “red” zones is strongly discouraged.
Before leaving, it is necessary to find out about the conditions of entrance into the country concerned, which may be completely different from those in France.
You can find the travel certificates for each zone on the Ministry of the Interior website.
Any projects? We stand alongside you in order to facilitate the mobility of your employees to France or to any other country.